Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Another Quote!

"If our hopes are being disappointed just now, it means that they are being purified. There is nothing noble the human mind has ever hoped for or dreamed of that will not be fulfilled. One of the greatest strains in life is the strain of waiting for God." --Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest

I have read Oswald for years and don't remember this quote, but I'm sure there are many I miss! This so applies to my life right now. I definitely feel the refiner's fire, a laying down of my desires, maybe even a DEATH of a vision. The cool thing about a death is that new life can come with it. God will fulfill my desire to adopt in some way. The waiting on the Lord is hard but oh the fruits are sweet!

Have a blessed day and chew on the quote for a while!

2 comments:

Jeremy and Kamina Johnson said...

Hang in there! The fruits of the labor God puts us through are so sweet, sweeter than honey! We are praying for you.

Donna Barber said...

HI Girl- We will faithfully follow you no matter where you go. There is no hiding... we are blog stalking you.