Saturday, November 10, 2007

Hope Deferred

Proverbs 13:12 says: "Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life."

Amen to that! My heart is sick. I feel numb, kind of pointless and seeking God for direction. I am having a hard time finding the joy of the Lord during this waiting time. I am hormonal, weepy and despondent. Paul and I are going back in time to see what God has directed us to. For the past 15 years we have trusted God to open and close my womb and trust Him for our family size. Where does adoption come into all that? Adoption is a choice we make to offer orphans a family and a way to expand our family size and to offer them a Christian upbringing. We all know the James 1:27: "to look after orphans and widows in their distress..." and to have the lonely brought up in families.

So please continue to pray for the Nelson Family as we are in the seeking and waiting mode once again.

6 comments:

Donna Barber said...

You are not alone!!!

Donna Barber said...

You are not alone!!!

Tama said...

We are praying for you too! Be encouraged and try to remember the enemy will try to rob you as you come close to hearing what God has for you. Hear Him through His Word and trust Him and Him alone!

Denise Nelson said...

Please pray for Paul to hear from God on our future. I know what I would like to happen and how, but I will walk in obedience to my husband and want God's blessing on all this.

Thank you!

Jamie said...

Denise,
I am praying! As my boss recently told me, "We can rest in God's sovereignty... and it doesn't have to feel good all the time!"
Lots of love,
Jamie Z. :0)

missy said...

Praying for you dear Denise. Missy